Unfortunately, when we see a positive reaction, we can not know if it is more likely a reaction from the environment or food. However, an IgG reaction to mold is more likely to be a response to moldy food, while IgE reactions tend to be more environmental, but even here there is cross-over.
If your patient notices moldy smells easily, it is likely that they are noting a reaction to mold in general. In the case of reactions to foods, the best course is to remove foods that tend to be moldy. There is a complete mold diet in the P88 DAT Physician Guide to help with patient implementation.
If you are trying to gauge how reactive your patient is to mold, you may consider a follow-up test called: TGF-Beta. This marker tells you if the immune system is over-reactive to mold. It will be high when the immune system is inflamed, and otherwise normal.
When you have a heightened immune response to mold, this also sensitizes your immune system to Candida, and you will have an increased level of reaction. When treating Candida or mold toxicity it wise to always consider the other as a contributing factor.
Strategies to lower reactions to mold include of course avoidance, using air purifiers, oral strategies of Konjak fiber to bind aflatoxin and improving the microbiome and/or giving probiotics because the cell wall of Saccharomyces as well as Lactobacillus absorb aflatoxin.
Calming down mold reactions will allow the entire immune system the ability to calm down, and ultimately decrease overall reactions to foods as well.
You Might Also Like
Life-Changing Food Allergy & Sensitivity Testing
Why Would I Be Sensitive To Something I Don’t Eat?